- As suggested by University of Grants Commission, New Delhi, Our College has established a Grievance Redressal committee. This committee is formed to look into complaints lodged by students and redressal is taken for the grievances. It helps in ensuring transparency in all the activities related to students. This grievance committee also looks into sensitive issues like harassment problems. Any individual with genuine grievance can approach the members of the committee in person. And if the person is unwilling to appear in person he/she can lodge a complaint as letter and post it in respective suggestion boxes which have been kept in various places in the college campus. Also the complaint can be posted via email to the officer in charge of the Grievance cum Redressal committee.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POLICY
- To fulfill the directive of the Supreme Court, the sexual harassment of women at workplace Act 2013 and the Anna University in respect of implementing a policy against sexual harassment in the institution.
- To evolve a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence in the institution.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To ensure equal access of all facilities and participation in activities of the college
- To create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of sexual harassment
Composition of the Anti – Sexual Harassment Committee
- The Committee shall be headed by a senior woman faculty of the college and shall be designated as the “Chairperson”
- The committee shall have two senior women teaching faculty members, at least one senior male teaching faculty member.
- The committee shall have Principal and one nominated person from the management as members.
Grievance Redressal Committee
- The Grievance Redressal committee comprises of Faculty Members of various positions. The Committee has been formed to enquire the grievance and suggest necessary action initiated at the Institution Level for redressal of the same. Any student can approach the following members if they have any grievance and the Committee will take necessary action.
Members of Grievance Redressal Committee: