- The department of Mechanical Engineering started in the year 2008 with an intake of 45 students and it was increased to 60 students during the year 2011 and again it enhances its strength to 120 students in 2012. So far six batch of students have completed their BE Mechanical Engineering course from which we produced more than 250 BE Mechanical Engineering graduates.
- We have a dedicated team of staff members with doctorates and post graduates in the field of Thermal Engineering, Engineering Design, Manufacturing Technology, CAD/CAM, Industrial Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Robotics, Computer Integrated Management. Well trained senior faculty members guide the students and help them to develop innovative projects.
- Laboratories with all the facilities are available in the department to fulfil all the curriculum requirements. Students are motivated and encouraged to participate and present papers in National level technical seminars, conferences and symposium organized by various colleges, apart from the regular curricular activities.
- The students of mechanical engineering require a solid understanding of the key concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, energy and manufacturing. They use these principles in the design and analysis of automobile, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, buildings and bridges, industrial equipment’s and machinery via TRIC (Technology Research Incubation Centre).
- Students are also motivated to undergo in-plant training programmes. The passed-out students are currently employed in major Automobile Industries, Manufacturing Industries, Research & Development wing of various organisations as well as in Software companies both in the country and abroad. Faculties are also members in various bodies like ISTE, MIE, SAE and IAENG etc.
Program Educational Objectives